Sign up for direct deposit to get your federal government benefits added to your Green Dot card up to 4 days early. How does this work? Good question! We load your money onto your card as soon as your benefit provider notifies us of an incoming deposit. If they notify us before your actual pay day (most do), we’ll add your money to your card early. Note: they may not be consistent in the timing of their notices, so you may not always get it early.
These are the types of benefits that can be directly deposited onto your Green Dot card:
- Social Security
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal Civil Service (Retirement/Annuity)
- Pension payments
- Government Disability Benefits (SSDI or Workers’ Compensation)
- Railroad Retirement benefits
- Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) payments
- Veterans’ benefits
- State unemployment benefits
Follow these instructions to set up direct deposit:
- Get your direct deposit account number and bank routing number by logging in to your account or requesting the info via text message. (Message and data rates apply.)
- Provide this info to your benefits provider or call the U.S. Treasury Electronic Payment Solution Center with your info at (800) 333-1795.
Don’t have a Green Dot card yet? We have options. Read all about our 5% Cash Back Visa® Debit Card, Reloadable Prepaid Visa® Card and simple fees here. You can also visit a CVS, Walgreens, 7-Eleven, Walmart, Dollar General or any of the other thousands of participating retail locations nationwide that carry our products.